Quality and innovation
Where therapeutic progress is made.
Merz Therapeutics R&D, headquartered on the Frankfurt Innovation Campus Riedberg, is the engine of our innovative strength. 150 colleagues from nine nations work closely together to improve patients’ quality of life – everyone contributing their individual expertise from scientific disciplines such as pharmacy, human medicine, biology, biotechnology, engineering or information technology.
R&D is responsible for the maintenance and life cycle management of our foundational product portfolio, managing about 800 product licenses in over 80 countries, and provides excellent medical information and education. Furthermore, we focus on the expansion of our footprint in the therapeutic field of movement disorders with the support of capable development partners.
At a glance
- Pre-clinical sciences and toxicology
- BoNT biotechnology and formulation development
- Clinical sciences and operations, biometrics, contract research organization management
- Clinical trial supply (Phase II-IV)
- Global regulatory affairs
- Global product safety / pharmacovigilance
- Project management
- Good practice quality assurance
- Life cycle management / product maintenance