Merz Therapeutics North America Earns Great Place To Work® Certification
• The organization’s North America region, comprised of its United States and Canada businesses, earned the Great Place To Work® Certification™, with overall employee scores of 95% and 88%
• This is the fourth award the North America organization has received during the first half of its fiscal year, beginning July 1, 2023
RALEIGH, N.C. – December 13, 2023 – Merz Therapeutics announced today that is has earned the Great Place to Work® Certification™ for both its United States (U.S.) and Canada businesses. Great Place To Work is the global authority on workplace culture, employee experience and the leadership behaviors proven to deliver market-leading revenue, employee retention and increased innovation. The prestigious award is based entirely on feedback from current employees gathered through a survey assessing employee satisfaction in key areas, from credibility and respect to fairness and camaraderie.
This year, 95% of its U.S. and 88% of its Canada employees said it’s a great place to work – 371 and 282 points higher than the average U.S. and Canadian companies. Great Place To Work Certification is recognized worldwide by employees and employers alike and is the global benchmark for identifying and recognizing outstanding employee experience. This is the first year Merz Therapeutics, which maintains its North America headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, has received this designation.
“We are proud to be Great Place To Work Certified in both of our North America businesses, as Merz Therapeutics considers employee experience a top priority,” said Kevin O’Brien, President, Merz Therapeutics, North America. “Our success reflects our diverse team of dedicated employees, who embody our values and who are committed to serving our customers and patients, while fostering a strong culture of care and respect within our organization.”
The Great Place to Work Certification is the fourth award Merz Therapeutics North America has earned during the first half of its fiscal year, which began on July 1, 2023. The organization has also received the following recognitions:
• The 2024 BioSpace Best Places to Work in biopharma list in the small employers category, which evaluates a company’s desirability in the recruitment marketplace, based on the votes and ratings of thousands of life science community members.
• Second place overall on the 2023 Triangle Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list; Triangle Business Journal is the leading provider of local business news for Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill in North Carolina, and its annual list honors companies for creating policies and a work environment that employees value.
• Bronze in the 2023 Stevie Award for Great Employers in the Pharmaceutical category; the Stevie Awards are considered the world’s premier business awards to honor and generate recognition of the achievements and positive contributions of organizations.
About Great Place to Work Certification™
Great Place To Work® Certification™ is the most definitive “employer-of-choice” recognition that companies aspire to achieve. It is the only recognition based entirely on what employees report about their workplace experience – specifically, how consistently they experience a high-trust workplace. Great Place to Work Certification is recognized worldwide by employees and employers alike and is the global benchmark for identifying and recognizing outstanding employee experience. Every year, more than 10,000 companies across 60 countries apply to get Great Place To Work-Certified.
At Merz Therapeutics, we seek to address the unique needs of people who suffer from movement disorders, neurological conditions and other health conditions that severely impact patients’ quality of life. With our patient-centric approach, cutting-edge research and development efforts, highly-scientific medical affairs resources and dedicated commercial teams, we continue the advancement of new and individualized treatment standards, including botulinum toxin. Merz Therapeutics, a business of Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH, is headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany and is represented in more than 90 countries, with a North America affiliate based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH is part of the Merz Group, a privately held, family-owned company that has dedicated more than 110 years to developing innovations that serve unmet patient and customer needs.
Copyright © 2023 Merz Pharmaceuticals, LLC. All rights reserved. MERZ and the MERZ logo are registered trademarks of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA.
1GreatPlaceToWork.com. Global Employee Engagement Benchmark Study. https://www.greatplacetowork.com/resources/blog/global-employee-engagement-benchmark-study. Accessed December 2023.
2GreatPlaceToWork.ca. Great Place To Work – CertifiedTM Companies. https://www.greatplacetowork.ca/en/certification-menu/certified-organizations-updated#certified-organizations2/view-sub-list-details70/64d296d5ececc60027bf7fb8/. Accessed December 2023.